Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Left Graham Arete

Last Thursday, I finally finished the Left Graham Arete V11. The moment I pulled onto the wall, something felt different. The moves didn't feel easier- it was almost like I had finally convinced myself that it was possible. My foot didn't pop, I hit the holds perfectly, and 15 seconds later I found myself at the top in disbelief. I down climbed, and eventually realized that my success had come at a price. The small crimps had completely split my right pointer finger. Still glowing with victory, I happily accepted the sacrifice the problem demanded, and drove home.

Since my tip was destroyed, I spent the weekend doing non climbing related activities. Two days never felt soooooo long. Thank god for climbing!

No comments:

Unique Visitors

Page Views